Powered By Blogger

Friday 19 July 2013

Do We Need One More Blog Site to Address and Share Indian Issues ?

Dear Blog Readers !

Welcome to this new blogger site where I propose to share thoughts especially relevant to India and Indians.

Since India is a nation of diversities, complexities and controversies, there is all possibility that India related topics covering governance, society, politics, attitudes, news, contemporary issues, business, religion, medicine, education, languages, people, etc might also elicit certain degree of likes and dislikes. Yet, I propose to write and share my views about India and Indians in such a way that it does not cross the limits of general acceptability.

Very controversial topics are not to be covered here.

Though the topics are essentially India related, I may include some views and examples from other nations as well, just for comparative purposes.

I have been writing and sharing blogs about a number of topics in another blogger site to which you could jump by using the link provided at the bottom of this page. I propose to copy-paste a few blogs from that here too, perhaps with some adaptation ( only those which are India specific !)

While India specific topics would be covered here, it does not mean that only Indians are welcome to read these. My blogs are in the public domain in the world wide web and every one in this world is welcome to read and comment on those.

If you take a few minutes to give your opinions or additional information or any such things, please do so by using the comments facility at the bottom. You can comment using your Google ids or even anonymously if you so desire.

Please also consider sharing those blogs your circles. That would definitely be an encouragement for me to write !

While my writings here could have the influence of the philosophy of the great book ( about which I had told much in my other blog site) I would not be including any thing directly from that book here in this India specific blog site.

My purpose of writing these blogs is to create a bit of awareness among my readers about my great land of opportunities and diversities- a land which has been in existence from pre-historic times ! And the awareness to some extent could be about the general deterioration of values and character that has crept in the peoples of India as perceived generally.

It pains me when international organisations like the Transparency International rate my land as one of the highly corrupt nations of modern world. Something that should never had happened for a country with the traditions of vedas, rishis and ahimsa (non-violence).

I am pained by the general prevalence of impatience, greed, selfishness,  intolerance and narrow mindedness among my countrymen. I ask myself why only India remains as a nation of utter poverty and illiteracy when almost all other nations in the world in the last two three decades have improved their positions during the same period.

Why do character and competency elude Indian leadership ? I am yet to find some answer to that.

Is it because the majority Indians do not know how to chose their leaders or is it because the leaders know how to hoodwink their followers ? It could be both, I reason.

My country men and women appear to be highly religious and spiritually oriented. Yet I find them deprived of the good values that should have resulted on that count. I am wondering, why ?

Do my country men and women do some self introspection ? There is no evidence with me.

The affluent classes in this country are after imparting education of the highest standards to their wards. But I am forced to think that education for them means skills for earning money minus the values of life ! Is my thinking erroneous ?

This country's neo-historians state that it got independence from the British empire in 1947. That was a decade before I was born. There is no reason that I should doubt that history. But yet, when I read concurrent historical information from other sources, there is a strong compulsion for me to believe in the non-existence of any political conglomerate called India before 1947. Instead there were hundreds of small to large kingdoms waiting to become independent nations as the white rule decided to end their control over the land. The democratic modern Indian state is a federation of various cultures and languages knit together under a central force which is capable of exerting much physical force. Something that came into existence by more of a chance rather than by any earnest desires of the peoples !

Perhaps that explains the slow pace of progress of this nation. Opposing forces and agendas every where. Could it be the reason for the maladies that affect this country ?

Whatever be it, this nation needs to proceed with caution and care. Its people has to learn and understand their responsibilities and tasks as citizens of a modern era nation. Its leaders and managers have to be proactive to make its citizens proud of their nation.

This nation has to evolve as a prosperous country, not just for a few, but for all !

And it is my dream. My dream for my children. My dream for the coming generations that would live on this land !

Whatever I share through these pages would be with that objective in mind.

I hope my readers would be glad to give a moral support to that cause.

Best Regards.

Er.Rajan C Mathew FIE






No comments:

Post a Comment